Please scroll down to view information on the Entrepreneurs Program and Industry Skills Fund.
Industry Skills Fund
The Industry Skills Fund provides support for businesses looking to invest in training and support services in order to better position themselves for growth opportunities.
The fund offers one or both of the following:
- Skills advice – a free service to help businesses identify skills needs and maximise training outcomes. Skills advice is free of charge. An expert, independent Skills Adviser will help to identify the skills/training needed to achieve growth. Subject to eligibility, the business can then apply for a training grant to supplement training costs.
- Training grant – helps eligible businesses with the direct costs of training. The amount of funding available depends on the size of the business:
– Micro businesses (0-4 FTE employees) – funding available for up to 75% of costs
– Small businesses (5-19 FTE employees) – funding available for up to 66% of costs
– Medium businesses (20-199 FTE employees) – funding available for up to 50% of costs
– Large businesses (200+ FTE employees) – funding available for up to 25% of costs
– Businesses located in Northern Australia can in some cases access even more generous funding
A key requirement for funding is that the training relate to achievement of a business growth opportunity. Training covering day-to-day activities or regulatory requirements is not eligible for funding.
Examples of growth opportunities are:
- diversifying into new or emerging markets
- adopting new or emerging technologies
- entering export markets
- responding to significant domestic market opportunities
- repositioning because of market driven structural adjustment.
The fund will prioritise businesses in the industries listed below. Even if your business isn’t in a priority industry, you may still be eligible to apply. Priority industries are:
- advanced manufacturing
- food and agribusiness
- medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
- mining equipment, technology and services
- oil, gas and energy resources
- enabling technologies and services that support one or more of the priority industries above.
If you are keen to further explore this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 348 811.