Sports & Facilities Management Organisational Improvement Lachlan’s project management skills and business training coupled with his love for sport has seen him developing sports infrastructure projects and business operations across the world. These skills help Inform’s clients kick their business goals.
Sports & Facilities Management
Lachlan’s project management skills and business training coupled with his love for sport has seen him developing sports infrastructure projects and business operations across the world. These skills help Inform’s clients kick their business goals.
Lachlan has 20 years management experience in the sport, leisure and the alpine resort industry gained in Australia, North America and Canada.
He has applied his project management training, and business acumen to the delivery of sporting programs, new sporting infrastructure projects and sports business operations. This has included management roles in
both not-for-profit and private sector businesses responsible for the delivery of sporting infrastructure, sport and recreation programs and facilities.
Lachlan has successfully led large cross-functional teams in the delivery of sporting facilities, events and services.
- Organisational Change
- Project Management
- People Management
- Sports Facilities Management
- Business and Operational Plans
- Budget & Cash Flow forecasting
- Financial Management
Clients he has assisted
- General Sports Retail
- Alpine Sports program management in Australia, Canada and North America
- Ski Area Management experience gained in Australia, Canada and North America
- Major Sporting events including the 1988 Calgary Winter and Sydney 2000 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Sport, Fitness, Aquatic and Recreation Facilities Development and Operational Management
- Delivered snowsports technical input and pedagogical advice for the Australian Ski Instructor Teaching Manual and teaching methodology.
- Supported the development and integration of a total HRM solution to the merger processes of Perisher/Smiggins and Blue Cow Alpine Resorts between 1994-1998.
- Provided detailed operational planning input and games time delivery management to sport venues for the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Successfully delivered business feasibility, marketing strategy, and start-up operations for a $10M indoor aquatic and fitness facility at Springwood for the Blue Mountains City Council.
- Provided strategic leadership, facilities development and change management advice into an extensive range of capital works programs valued to $20 M designed to improve critical sporting infrastructure and sporting programs on behalf of the NSW Department of Sport and Recreation centre at Jindabyne.
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Sydney)
- Dual Country Fully Certified Snowsport Instructor – Canadian (CSIA) Level IV and Australian (APSI) Level III
- Graduate Diploma in Sports Management (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Masters in Business Administration with a major in Marketing (University of New England)
- Graduate Diploma in Finance and Investments (Financial Services Institute of Australia)
- Lachlan is “big picture” and future orientated and enjoys working with entrepreneurs to achieve the change and results that they desire.