IT & Communications
York is an exceptional communicator whose passion is to develop effective IT and Communications strategies to support your business plan.
York has over 15 years experience including Project Manager and Solution Architect in large corporate and manufacturing organisations, and the provision of IT management services to a broad range of small to medium-sized businesses and not-for-profits.
Particular areas of interest and expertise include Lean IT, IT strategy, vendor and IT outsourcer engagement and management and the design and implementation of the end-user computing (EUC) environment.
A key focus is increasing the awareness in senior management of the paybacks of early IT engagement during any business decisions. He also excels at the translation of technical to managerial language (and vice versa).
- Company and Solution IT Strategy
- IT Program and Project Manager
- EUC Solution Architect
- IT Management for SMB’s
- Lean IT Practitioner
- Vendor Engagement and Management: RfP, SoW, WBS, Work Package
- ITILv3® Foundation accreditation
- Microsoft Technical Specialist
Clients he has assisted
- AstraZeneca Australia
- Aussie Home Loans
- Downer EDI
- Holcim Australia
- Koorana Child and Family Services
- RCR Tomlinson
- The Shepherd Centre
- Total Plant Control
- Project Manager for a 6,000 computer and 500 application Windows 7 EUC transformation.
- Author of ICT strategy documents.
- Project Manager for an ICT insourcing exercise.
- Solution architect for a 3,000 computer EUC implementation.
- ICT manager for a medium-sized not-for-profit for 5 years
- Double degree of Engineering (Aeronautical) and Science (Mathematics), UNSW
- A skilled architect with technical prowess to transform the strategy into a technical design.
- A proven project manager who implements the design.
- A dedicated IT specialist with a broad range of capabilities to make you, the customer, experience a return on your IT investments surpassing your expectations.
- “Lead, follow or get out of the way” (Thomas Paine)